changing links in cpanel quickshortcuts

• 8 months later...
/modules/servers/cpanel/templates/overview.tpl is file for the template for cpanel page

So how do you get the translation between Cron_Home in the template file to the actual cron app in cpanel?

I need to add the advanced DNS zone editor instead of cron, and also our own custom cpanel web builder app.

Kind regards,

Blair.

OK so first edit /modules/servers/cpanel/templates/overview.tpl and change or add a new icon in there.

You will have to add the image paths and images for the icons as well - usually stored in modules/servers/cpanel/img

Then add the language translations for your link below the icon in all of the lang/*.php files. I did English and french, then put English in the rest of them.

You will also have to go to your cpanel server and add the "implements" line to your install.json files and dynamicui.conf files. For example I replaced the addon domains with the advanced zone editor, so I had to add the line "implements":"Advanced_Zone_Editor" in the dynamicui.conf files in x3 and paperlantern at /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/dynamicui.conf and /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui.conf .

For your custom icon, you should already have the files /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui/yourapp.conf and /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/paper_lantern/dynamicui/yourapp.conf and add the "implements" line so whmcs connects to that app.