Amount Merge Field

webresellers

Shouldn't the AMOUNT merge field display the total amout due for all outstanding invoices? I sent a suspended email, and it only displayed the total due for the hosting package, yet the invoice had alot of other line items added to the invoice which equaled 10x their hosting, thus looking like they only own a tenth of whats actually due. If this is working as designed, how can I change the merge field to include the "total ammount due"?

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

The mistake is thinking that this is related to an invoice. As you'll notice, this email template is in the products section and so this is just the product/service being suspended for being overdue. Not related to any invoice - therefore the amount will just be the recurring amount of that product and so what you are seeing is correct. There is no merge field for a product email template to show the balance of all due invoices.

Matt

Can I use the AmountDue merge field even though it doesnt show as an option when I hit the merge field button?

If you find a way of doing this, please post it for the rest of us!

I've been trying to do the same thing, use fields that are in other "areas." They must be hard-coded into the script, and not listed anywhere (that I can find) in the database.

I'm trying to manually send an overdue notice...not having any luck. I can create an email that's under the "general" category, which show in the customer account area so I can send the customer an email, but "general" emails aren't able to make use of the "invoice" or "product" merge fields...that I've been able to find, anyway.