Domain transfer credit

PPH

I have a customer who signed up for an account and domain transfer that decided a couple days later to not complete the transfer while keeping the account. Not sure how to handle such a problem within WHMCS where the customer has a credit, and all the products appropriately marked?

Just delete the domain order, and add the credit to his account?

Thanks for the reply, but we can't modify an order :( The order was for a domain + hosting. Just trying to see how others would handle it, maybe I am over complicating things?

Well, do you have any kind of money-back guarantee running on your website? If so, you should include domain registrations/transfers on the "excluded" list if this is something you don't want to refund to your client.

I see domains as a "you order and pay, it's yours no matter what" type deal. You can either credit the customer and let it sit in the account (regardless if they've already paid) or you can tell them that you do not offer refunds/credits for anything pertaining to domain names.

*shrugs*

Well, do you have any kind of money-back guarantee running on your website? If so, you should include domain registrations/transfers on the "excluded" list if this is something you don't want to refund to your client.

I see domains as a "you order and pay, it's yours no matter what" type deal. You can either credit the customer and let it sit in the account (regardless if they've already paid) or you can tell them that you do not offer refunds/credits for anything pertaining to domain names.

*shrugs*

Thanks Jordon, we really see no reason not to credit the account since they changed their mind on the transfer. So far we set the domain as expired and I guess we will manually add the credit. Won't it show as income twice then?