Domain Renewal Question

Baja

I was wondering what happens if for example hypothetically:

A client orders a domain for a period of two years. Then after three months they decide for whatever reason they want to renew the domain for a period of ten years more.

Is this possible?

I know with DirectI you can register a domain for ten years. But can you register then renew a domain for a combined amount over ten years?

I'm not sure if this is likely to happen with clients or not. More of a curiosity question I guess. Which I is why I am asking here in the lounge.

Baja

• 3 weeks later...
I was wondering what happens if for example hypothetically:

A client orders a domain for a period of two years. Then after three months they decide for whatever reason they want to renew the domain for a period of ten years more.

Is this possible?

Hi Baja

No, it's not possible to renew domains so that there new expiry date will be more than 10 years in the future.

It's even like that when you do a transfer of a domain which expires in 9.5 years. You still have to transfer the domain with a one year renewal but the domain only gets renewed for half a year at the registry.

Rony