Can't log in - redirects to home page

cogit

Good day.

I'm having problems logging in to the backend of whmcs. It shows the admin login screen, and upon entering the details and logging in it redirects me to the home page. On the top right of the home page shows Logged in as Administrator | Return to Admin Area and upon clicking on Return to Admin Area, it simply refreshes the page, which I believe it is redirecting me to the "admin area".

How can I fix this?

I discovered the direct link to the back end /admin redirects to the home page. However extra parts such as /admin/clientssummary.php?userid=1&return=1 allowed me to get in and I can browse around the back end?

I found the problem. It is related to a custom widget:

[02-Jun-2015 07:48:22 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  The file /****/public_html/modules/widgets/domains_balance.php was encoded by the ionCube Encoder for PHP 4 and cannot run under PHP 5.5 or PHP 5.6.
Please ask the provider of the script to provide a version encoded with the ionCube Encoder for either PHP 5.3 or PHP 5.4 or PHP 5.5. in Unknown on line 0