Can someone explain how the current version works ??

Guest mnm

Question

Hi,

I am comparing a few billing systems and I will like to know how the latest version works. Yes I have been through the demo but is bit hard, especially without any PayPal transactions being made.

I guess what I am really interested is this(assuming that PayPal with subscription is used):

1. After client puts in an order, what has the seller has to do MANUALLY and what is being done AUTOMATICALLY?

-after payment has been made is an automatic notification sent to WHMCS and the client is marked as paid?

-is same scenario for the next billing cycle being applied?

- is an invoice/receipt being sent to cutomer, and that invoice receipt marked as being paid? (some countries require this for taxation purposes)

I am asking about this as I saw in the online demo that, for example, when registering domains invoices are not being sent.

Ideally, the way it will be good to work is this:

1. Customer buy hosting plan

2. Customer pays

3. System is notified that payment has been received (PayPal)

4. System marks that particular invoice for the customer as being paid

5. All necessary emails are being sent to both customer and seller

6. Seller has the option to manually approve the new customer

7. Account is created

8. All necessary emails are being sent

9. Invoice marked as PAID is sent to customer for record keeping

10. Invoice is also archived in the system so both seller and customer can access the invoice online at any point in time

I am just trying to see how this works and compare with the other billing software in the same price space.

WHMCS looks to have a lot of potential, provided development goes on the right path and it doesnt take too much time for new features to be released.

Also another thing that I have noticed in the online demo version:

when there are multiple users connected the last connected user will "force" that session to all connected users!

The same thing happens with the Admin account.

For example I ordered a hosting package, created an account as a particular user and did same task in the admin console. When I went back to the client console and did a few clicks around I found that i was another user with different details entered!!!

After when I went back to the admin console it has already logged me out (no timeout as this was within seconds)

It felt ot me that other demo users were logging in to the system creating this anomality.

Can the developer comment on why this is happening?

2 answers to this question

Hi there,

We have just switched to using WHMCS, and it works exactly the way you described there.

I'm glad I found this script, it's a great bundle with lots of potential, and I hope it will continue to be developed.

About the "error" you're getting, as far as I know, the developer knows about this and it will be fixed for the next version :wink:

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

As ScarabWeb said, the step by step way in which you were hoping WHMCS works is correct. With PayPal, orders can be set to be automatically setup once payment is received, receipts are sent out for subscription payments and invoice payments, future payments are handled automatically aswell. If an account is unpaid a set number of days after its due date it will be suspended automatically and you as the admin will be notified by email.

As for the error, we are aware of this, it should however not cause a problem when multiple users login to the WHMCS system on your website. It is only when you are logged into the admin area and client area at the same time.

If you have any furthur questions, just let me know.

Matt