Please Help with DirectI

Baja

I could really use some help with DirectI. I set up the domain registrar which seems to be ok per the manual. And yes I set up a client under my reseller acount so thats not what this is about.

I went ahead and made a real live test order for a domain I wanted anyways which seems to have gone through fine according to DirectI. In WHMCS I got a funny error about java.somthing.somthing. I copied the error but then lost it when I copied something else for this post. :oops: Now I can't find it in the admin.

Also some things that I do not understand are the check boxes that are in the domain prices:

1. DNS Management/Email Forwarding - Tick these boxes if the domain registrar supports them for this TLD
    2. ID Protection - Tick this box if ID protection is supported for this domain by the registrar
    3. EPP Code - Tick this box if this TLD requires an EPP code to be transfered

The EPP code... does DirectI require it to be checked to make transfers or should it be unchecked?

Id protect with DirectI... Can this be used as a addon product and if so how do you set this up to sell domain privacy if I choose to do so. I did read somewhere this was not possible becuase id protect is free and automatic with DirectI...But I think I also read something in the Release notes about this for 3.4 which I didn't quite understand for DirectI and Enom.

Dns Management/Email Fowarding.... I noticed in the client area that you can change all of these becuase I had everything checked when I made this order. What I do not understand is why DirectI is trying to charge me for email fowarding? It is in somekind of locked pending state. I didn't think these had anything do with price and or DirectI directly. Are these some kind of features that can be used as a domain addon item? Or am I missing something on this one?

Thanks for any help on this,

Baja

• WHMCS CEO

The EPP code is required by DirectI. ID Protect can be sold as an addon and will be automatically enabled on the domain by WHMCS when registering it. DNS Management & Email Forwarding cannot currently be offered with DirectI and DirectI do charge you for both of these services.

Matt

The EPP code is required by DirectI. ID Protect can be sold as an addon and will be automatically enabled on the domain by WHMCS when registering it. DNS Management & Email Forwarding cannot currently be offered with DirectI and DirectI do charge you for both of these services.

Matt

That was a fast reply Matt thank you....

Where do we set the ID protect price?

Thanks,

Baja