WHMCS and Kayako - User Info?

MACscr

Got a question for people that are using WHMCS and Kayako. Have you done anything to the admin areas of either scripts to make it easier to cross reference information?

I am not worried about the client area part, thats easy IMHO, but the fact that when you receive a ticket in kayako, how in the world do you know of any the clients data? With kayako you wont know any of their contact info or what products are associated with them.

Im moving to kayako for a few reasons, but man, i really am not looking forward to managing two apps for client info, heck, three if you include whm/cpanel. My favorite part of whmcs was having most of the info all in one place.

MAC,

I've never given Kayako a look but from other hosts using it, I've seen them customize it to include custom fields similar to how WHMCS can be done.

Why not just create custom fields for the fields that Kayako can't "pick up" from whmcs? That way it's required for a client to enter in their domain, username, password and account type when submitting a ticket.

Basically what one of the other users suggested, but also include detailed information. I use this with whmcs, just because I want to have a record of their current password so I can log into it immediately rather than have to click elsewhere to log in. ;o)

The company I used to go through for servers had this method:

https://desk.surpasshosting.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit&step=1&departmentid=2

MAC,

I've never given Kayako a look but from other hosts using it, I've seen them customize it to include custom fields similar to how WHMCS can be done.

Why not just create custom fields for the fields that Kayako can't "pick up" from whmcs? That way it's required for a client to enter in their domain, username, password and account type when submitting a ticket.

Basically what one of the other users suggested, but also include detailed information. I use this with whmcs, just because I want to have a record of their current password so I can log into it immediately rather than have to click elsewhere to log in. ;o)

The company I used to go through for servers had this method:

https://desk.surpasshosting.com/index.php?_m=tickets&_a=submit&step=1&departmentid=2

Eh, 50% of my customers dont even know their username/password for cpanel and those fields arent helpful when tickets are submitted through email. Hmm, i guess i have more planning to do. grr

If you start making the customer fill out custom fields, aren't you defeating the purpose? Besides, the customer can always email to open a ticket, and you're not going to get that data unless they have sense to think to provide it. (Doesn't happen with our customers.)

What does Kayako give you that the built in ticket system doesn't? I've used Kayako with AWBS, and I've used SmarterTicket with AWBS, and in both cases I found they both created much more work for the support tech than any imagined advantage gained.

I'm moving from AWBS to WHMCS partly because the ticket system works better than AWBS. Having been in the position of using a third party support system and having to constantly look information up manually based on only an email address, then requesting more information from those who submitted with a name and email address not on file, I can't imagine NOT sticking with the internal system.

Eh, 50% of my customers dont even know their username/password for cpanel and those fields arent helpful when tickets are submitted through email. Hmm, i guess i have more planning to do. grr

I guess I'm lucky that my clients all go to the domain to submit a ticket, rather than sending in an email. Then again I don't have email piping set up since it doesn't play well with Google Apps. :9

That stinks that you have customers like that! I guess I really lucked out by having a ton of anal customers that know every detail about their account :P

Anyway particular reason why you're moving to Kayako for the support system? I know the only reason I'd move is that I love the KB feature :3

Jordan, I agree -- I love the KB section! It automatically suggests ideas (live) as the customer is typing!.

Matt: Hint! Hint!

Cool feature, but you can also get it in a standalone kb that does search engine friendly urls, which kayako doesn't:

interspire.com/activekb (I can't make it a link 'cause I don't have enough posts.)

You can make it a front-end to posting tickets by using its ability to allow for multiple contact groups - corresponding to support departments in WHMCS, so that people submitting a request through your website get the advantage of automatic article suggestions while still submitting your tickets to WHMCS.

You can make it a front-end to posting tickets by using its ability to allow for multiple contact groups - corresponding to support departments in WHMCS, so that people submitting a request through your website get the advantage of automatic article suggestions while still submitting your tickets to WHMCS.

Troy how exactly does this tie into WHMCS's support ticket system if it is standalone? Is there a mod to do this with?

Baja