Using WHMCS as a "simple" billing system... need help with invoice/suspend/terminate. No Modules?

alturic

Essentially we're using a very complex (hosting-orientated) billing system for a super-simple use. We have 2 products, and 1-2 addons. There's no modules (in terms of cPanel or Plesk) so I was thinking "Automatic Module Functions" wouldn't be of use to us, but I THINK technically that's the only settings that actually affect automated suspend/remove products from clients for non-payment and such?

So, we want the following setup, and I think this is how we'd handle it:

Invoices Generated on the exact renewal date

Setup -> Automation Settings - > Billing Settings -> Invoice Generation: 0 - Correct?

First Payment Attempt on the exact renewal date

Setup -> Automation Settings - > Credit Card Charging Settings -> Process Days Before Due: 0 - Correct?

Then, we want them to remain active, but receive an Invoice Overdue if the payment failed on the 2nd day

Setup -> Automation Settings - > Credit Card Charging Settings -> First Overdue Reminder: 2 - Correct?

Then, we want them to still remain active, but receive an Invoice Overdue if the payment still hasn't been approved on the 4th day

Setup -> Automation Settings - > Credit Card Charging Settings -> Third Overdue Reminder: 4 - Correct?

Finally, on the 6th day we want the Product/Service (Type: Other Product/Service) to be removed from their account.

Setup -> Automation Settings - > Automatic Module Functions (was unsure since we're not using modules, if that means "Module Settings" for Products/Services) -> Suspend Days (or?) Termination Days: 6 - Unsure which one...

Now, I'm almost certain the invoice options are correct for what we want, but I'm really unsure what "clients' account will be terminated" means for "Termination Days". I don't think WHMCS ever (automated anyway) actually deletes accounts, but the wording is throwing me off considering "Suspend Days" specifically says "Once the products due date is this many days overdue, the clients’ product will be suspended if the above suspend option is enabled." while "Termination Days" says uses the wording "Once the product/service is this many days overdue the clients’ account will be terminated."

Last two questions, how do product add-ons work in terms of "adding on" the add-on half-way through a billing cycle, do they get different due-dates (invoices) or are they pro-rated to match up to the parent product? Second, do add-on payment failures abide by all of the other above settings?

I believe I can help answering the first set of questions even though it is a bit late. Perhaps you should open a new thread in regards to the addon issue as it seems like a seperate set of questions.

Everything looks right until the suspension/termination. Suspension means to me that the service still exists but can't be used by the user unless he pays his invoices. Termination means that the user can't use the service and whatever he had was basically deleted and the user has to start over, all invoices would be cancelled. However you can modifications to this but it is how I look at the two seperate issues. The suspension and termination should both prevent product restricted downloads as well.

Now suspension and termination won't have any other effects on the account unless you use a module. On this page http://docs.whmcs.com/Creating_Modules there is a server/provisoning module which could be used to do what you need. You could create a module which suspends or terminates accounts on another system, this is what I have done with a non web hosting related system actually. If you wanted to you could actually make the module suspend or terminate accounts in your whmcs system.