API command 'getinvoice' is missing fields that are found in 'getinvoices'

MSoft

Hi Guys,

I'm working on a addon module to act on invoices through hooks. This part uses the API command "getinvoice" to get al the details.

To find invoices to process before the date the addon was installed I'm using the API command "getinvoices" (note the 's' ;-) and parse the details from there.

I noticed that "getinvoices" contains currency fields like 'currencycode' and 'currencyprefix'. Nice, this way it will be flexible.

However, "getinvoice" is completely missing these fields.

I'd expect that "getinvoice" would at least contain all fields that "getinvoices" returns also. Sadly these not.

Is this a bug or any deeper thought behind this?

Any way to get this information without iterating though all invoices for that customer (as user_id seems to be the only parameter)?

Note that these currency fields are not (yet) listed in the manual.

Best regards,

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

Just to close this thread, I'll past the answer the WHMCS support gave me:

----

As the fields are not documented, I would not recommend depending upon them being present as they may be changed or removed in future releases. My recommendation would be to use the available userid to query Get Clients Details to get the currency if needed: http://docs.whmcs.com/API:Get_Clients_Details