Upgrade has not worked?

3cellhosting

OK - went from 3.1.2 to 3.2.0 and made a cock up (I think). Thank goodness for taking backups!

Uploaded files - got recognised 3.1.2 to 3.2.0 - clicked continue - advised to delete install folder - clicked to go to admin - corrupt file message - includes/dbconnections.php - reloaded file - refreshed - another corrupt file - reloaded - refreshed - yet another corrupt file.

Unzipped with WinRar! Loaded with SmartFtp.

Tried a fresh unzip - this time it did not recognise upgrade and would only allow a full install. I went ahead with install and it came up with lots of errors - I guess due to tables already existing?

Tried a fresh install to new database - seemed ok - admin was there - changed configuration file to read old database - worked great in admin - blank pages for front end.

Decided to go 3.3.0 upgrade - uploaded files - recognised upgrade from 3.2.0 to 3.3.0 - clicked continue - finished very quick - prompted me to delete install folder - checked but it was not on server (self-deleting?) - clicked to go to admin area and it reverts back to install step 2 but highlights New Install - no choice to select anything else.

What am I doing wrong?

Note - The install goes to EULA - I click on 'I Agree' and it starts the install step 2 all over again - this time with error messages as the database already exists!

Thanks

Opened a ticket on this one and Matt gave some good pointers and offered to help with the dodgy uploads!

This was the final solution for anybody in the same boat!

Delete all files from WHMCS folder on server.

Upload V.3.3.0 files to folder.

Dropped tables from database.

Imported data from backup taken at start of process.

Run the install file.

Delete install folder.

One minor hiccough after that - admin worked fine with all data present. No front end other than powered by link and warning that I was logged in as administrator.

I went to the admin > configuration and switched the template to default from Portal and all worked fine.

Hope this helps any other poor soul who ends up with hand-fulls of hair and high blood pressure :roll:

Many thanks Matt

Regards

David