Set every client password same as firstname field batch for new database

abd

Hi,

Asking for advice on the best direction to take.

I've just moved my client database to a new install of WHMCS (I have used WHMCS in the past for 5 years with another business)

To make it easy for clients first experience of paying an invoice ( I have a batch load to send out)

When I imported the database - I copied the firstname field to the password field thinking this would be an easy first login for clients.

It doesn't work.

So, I have no experience running API scripts, although I can usually figure most things out with a bit of time.

I've had a support reply of this :

You could potentially achieve this by running this through the API encrypt password function, then saving the output from the password attribute in the tblclients.password field within the database.

:Encrypt_Password'>
http://docs.whmcs.com/API
:Encrypt_Password

Does anyone know of / can point me in the right direction of a way to do this in one batch for the whole database ?

Or would I be better off posting to pay someone to do this for me in the developer area ?

Thanks,

Darren.