Template on Account Creation (WHM)

SLDomains

Hello there, I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, I'm not really sure on how to word the question specifically for search results.

Basically, when I'm putting an order through WHMCS and it creates the appropriate WHM account, at the moment the domain will then just point to the directory page showing "/cgi-bin"

I've seen it elsewhere, but how would I change it so that it grabbed a template and put that on all websites created as a place holder as it's more appropriate for clients to see a custom page rather than the directory list.

Thanks!

Assuming you're using cPanel. :) You can place files in the Skeleton Directory to do what you'd like.

Skeleton Directory - cPanel Documentation

If you're creating accounts using a Reseller account, the Skeleton Directory is located here:

/home/resellersname/cpanel3-skel/

If you placed an index.html placeholder page here for example:

/home/resellersname/cpanel3-skel/public_html/

..and then created a new account normally, that placeholder page gets copied over to the new account.

Knowing that's how it works, you should also consider adding all error pages, favicon, robots.txt to block bad bots. In doing so that new account won't generate lots of useless errors filing up your logs while awaiting the new account owner to create an actual website. I like to add a readmefirst.txt file there as well that explains what those files are doing there on the new account.

First time he logs in via FTP or Fle Manager to add his website, he'll find it, read it, and hopefully leave the error pages, at least.

HTH!