How does reseller hosting work? **HELP**

S.D.E.

I just got whmcs for use with my webdesign clients. Everything is great accept that I can't figure out how this web reselling works.

Do you need to purchase a dedicated server and configure that to work with WHMCS?

Is there hosting resellers that can link up via api to whmcs so that you don't have to manage a server? Can clients login and control their hosting accounts from whmcs on your website thus hiding who actually is providing the hosting?

How does payment work? If you are charging for hosting how does the hosting company get paid?

Thanks,

Shawn

If you have a resleer account with a hosting company, you could install WHMCS (assuming the host meets all the requirements) and then you can set up WHMCS to automatically take payments from your customers and setup their accounts etc.

You would then be responsible for paying the hosting company who provide you with the reseller account and for providing support to your clients.

SDE, our Reseller Plans include WHMCS as long as they are hosted with us. We will install it for the client. We have many Reseller Clients that all they do is provide free hosting with their Design/Management Plans.

I have recommended to them that they set up their design Fees and then set up the server as a free host that includes the space and requirements for that specific Plan.

The Reseller is responsible for their account. We bill the reseller for their Reseller Plan.

The Reseller also can add their own DNS so that his clients have no idea where or who is hosting their account.

We provide support to our Reseller but not their clients.