Strange invoice behaviours

ozfrontiers

We've been experiencing some problems with the invoices for a couple of months now, and I'm still trying to get on top of things so that I don't have to manually edit the invoices to reflect proper ammounts, dates, etc.

QUESTION:

-------------

I noticed if an invoice has already been generated on say 01/09/07 and has not been paid yet, then the Next Due Date for the product/service+addons shows up as 01/09/07, then on 01/10/07 an invoice is generated.

So why does it show 01/09/07 as the next due date if that invoice has not been paid? If it has been paid then the due date is correctly set to 01/10/07.

PROBLEM:

------------

The reason I bring up the above question is because we have been experiencing some very strange things with regards to invoicing...

Our invoice generation days is set to 14 days before an invoice is due. All our products/services + addons are set to be due on 01/MM/2007 so on the 15/16/17 of each month, the invoices are supposed to be generated.

Last month, invoices were generated on the 5th! which only had the addons on them, I took a look an noticed that the registration date for those addons was indeed the 19th of the previous month.

My question is why would the addendums follow the registration date and the products/services follow the previous invoice date? 01/MM/2007

As an attempt to resolve this issue, I changed the next due dates for the addendums to match their product/service they belong to, as some of them were way off! Some had due dates which had already passed 2 months ago.

Has anyone else experienced similar invoicing problems? I have had to keep a spreadsheet of all our clients, the products and addons they are registered to pay so that I can double-check and correct the invoices when necessary.

Has anyone got some tips or help on how to correct this or how they set up their products/services + addons + invoices?

• WHMCS CEO
QUESTION:

-------------

I noticed if an invoice has already been generated on say 01/09/07 and has not been paid yet, then the Next Due Date for the product/service+addons shows up as 01/09/07, then on 01/10/07 an invoice is generated.

So why does it show 01/09/07 as the next due date if that invoice has not been paid? If it has been paid then the due date is correctly set to 01/10/07.

This is an odd question. If the invoice hasn't been paid, that account is still due on 1st September. When the client pays, that's when the date it's due for payment changes - not when the invoice is created.

Matt