IE6 Problems

gtacolo

Hi,

We're extremely pleased with the product - still in testing phase. However, there are a few annoying bugs that we would love to see fixed in the near future. All these bugs have been confirmed to be present in your online Demo as well.

1. With IE6, the "Boxes" order form template shows a 1 pixel table border rather than a 10px border as with Firefox (style name: orderheadingrow)

2. With IE6, members have to login twice to see Invoices

3. With IE6, members see a blank popup window when viewing an email history

4. When "Configurable Options" are defined for a product, some with setup fees and some without, the Setup fees are shown incorrectly in the order form.

Many of these bugs are IE6-specific which could impact some sales. Any plans on having these issues fixed?

Thanks

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

Different padding on the order form is not really an issue and the configurable options is a known issue and is fixed for 3.4. Members having to login twice to view invoices hasn't been reported before - are you sure it isn't an issue with your browser setup? And I've tried the demo here and our latest version and can't get a blank popup window when viewing email history - how are you doing that exactly?

Matt

Hi Matt, the border thing was fixed with a stylesheet addition. Thanks for that.

The email issue is definitely a problem with Internet Explorer 6.0. I go to demo.whmcs.com and login. Then click on Invoices and then click on any random Invoice listed in the table. When the popup comes up, I see the demo.whmcs.com Demo login screen. As soon as I authenticate, the Invoice is shown.

With Internet Explorer 6.0, when I click on the Emails option under the client area then click on any random Email in the history table, I get a popup with nothing in it. The source is pasted below.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I have tried this on two PC's in different networks. I do not have access to more PC's to try this out.

With Internet Explorer 6.0, when I click on the Emails option under the client area then click on any random Email in the history table, I get a popup with nothing in it. The source is pasted below.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<HTML><HEAD>

<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>

<BODY></BODY></HTML>

I am using a standalone IE 6 and everything is working fine on this for me. The email pops up and is all there. Not sure if my standalone is any different from your version though.

Baja

I didn't have to add it to my trusted site list.

Ya the invoices popped up fine too, no double login.

Maybe you need to lower you security level or set it to defualt under trusted sites in the securtiy options. You can do a custom setup too, maybe that will help. I think most IE6 users that are left out there will have there settings at default.

Baja

I'm happy to hear it's working for you. I played with security levels and it does not make a difference. If this is not a code issue and is indeed a client problem, I will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for your help guys!

PS: Matt, what do you think of the "Configurable Options" issue?

It's the strangest thing: I figured out how to reproduce my IE 6 problems.

When I open IE 6 as a browser as most people would (either through a Start Menu shortcut or by navigating to the "Internet Explorer" folder under "Program Files"), I can view Invoices and Email history just fine.

However, when I open a Windows Explorer window with WinKey + E then type the URL in the address back (transforming the Windows Explorer into IE), it seems the features no longer work.

I had no idea the "explorer.exe" with an IE plugin and the "iexplore.exe" can behave so differently.

I wouldn't imagine that there are to many people out there that are doing what you described not to mention so many people are upgrading to 7 and or Firefox.

So I don't think I would worry about that unless one of your clients specificaly says they can't view emails or invoices. If that is the case then chances are you now know the how to resolve their issues.

Baja