WHMCS Use on Shared Host

slingshot202

All,

I am new to WHMCS and just found the shared account where I host my company site to keep it separate from my client sites does not allow port 2086/2087. I never had a problem with a previous carrier, however, I am being told this is more a standard practice now.

Is there anyway to get this to work w/o those ports? Perhaps an API that was mentioned to me by another provider?

Just looking for some solutions now, other than spending more money.

Thanks,

CJ

CJ,

Just to clarify, those ports are only required if you are using the cPanel module, which I am assuming you are. Does your host not use cPanel software themselves? If not, I would move to a cPanel friendly host as it is not possible to change the ports to which WHM are bound too.

--Thanks

Thanks for the reply. The host does use cPanel, but I am using a shared account on this one to just keep my company site up and running and leaving the clients on a separate site. They have advised me they will not open ports 2086/2087 on their shared accounts.

My guess is I have to upgrade my company site or sit it on my VPS, which defeats the purpose, if I have an issue, then I go down with the clients and then they can feel like they are out in the dark.

Guess I will work on that...

CJ,

Again, trying to understand what you want to accomplish - you want to install WHMCS on a shared hosting account and resell that shared hosting space through WHMCS? As in, everything in one shared hosting account? Then, yes, the host is right - that won't work. You would need at least a reseller account that offers WHM access or a VPS. You could still use WHMCS but you would not be able to manage your accounts through the admin panel.

--Thanks