Some billing questions

mvmoay

Question

Hey guys,

we are actually looking for a better solution for our customer management. Instead of building a new one by ourselves, we are thinking about whmcs. But there are some important things, that need to be supported. As I can't find any information about those, I'll ask them here. :-)

1) Can WHMCS bill all products annually?

With most of our customers, the relationship is built on trust. They do get bills once a year for everything that happened within the last year. So, if we registered a domain for them, they will be billed months later. The hosting, which should appear on the bill with a monthly fee, should also be billed yearly, not monthly.

Is this possible?

2) Is it possible to NOT notify users of any bills via mail? We want to notify them personally, most of the customers do want to get a letter.

3) We do provide 4 hours of free support - is time billable in whmcs?

Thanks for your replies!

1 answer to this question

1. The support billing cycles are: OneTime/Monthly, 3 Months, 6 Months, 12 Months, 1 Year, 2 Years & 3 Years.

However, I don't think they can order a product and get charged for everything on a future date from the client side (You can set this up manually via the admin area however). What you can consider is pro-rated billing but even still, the initial payment will be needed upfront unless a module is made.

2. You can disable the reminders but I'm not sure if you can disable the default newly created invoice email, atleast not without a hook or unless you did the invoice creation from the admin area. Someone feel free to confirm/correct :).

3. The helpdesk is pretty basic by default but you can easily plug it in with another helpdesk (completely replacing the default one) such as Kayako. Though if you want a time tracker instead of a completely new helpdesk, you can consider this module: http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/time_tracking_center/features

Edited by Alex - Arvixe