Go Cardless not taken payment

Hello All,

Had a customer sign up to new products via go cardless. The authorization is there, however, i cant see any payment anywhere (in whmcs OR gocardless)

I went to the invoice and clicked "initiate payment" however it says "The payment initiation did not complete successfully. Please check the gateway log for more details"

I checked the gateway log under BILLING>GATEWAY LOG & its empty...

Any help appreciated

We thought that this module had finished from gocardless side.... We had a few customers on it and now process these few manually when payment hits us.... Not sure if gocardless will provide support any further on this.

We thought that this module had finished from gocardless side.... We had a few customers on it and now process these few manually when payment hits us.... Not sure if gocardless will provide support any further on this.

What do you mean "when payment hits us" surely payment doesn't hit your account until after the payment is processed?

GoCardless still has API documentation available and as such still allows application to communicate via API. If WHMCS created the module (which i guess they did, as its included in whmcs installation) then GoCardless would never have supported it. GoCardless wouldn't support any application that connects in via API unless they wrote it themselves. Could do with Matt responding but getting hold of him is very hard. tried and tried and tried.

So long as GC has api facility then the GC gateway can be used. Not sure who told you that gocardless module is no longer useable?

when we get the notification of payment being transferred from gocardless to our bank we manually mark the invoice paid...

gocardless advised on these forums that they were no longer developing or supporting

- - - Updated - - -

please see... http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?75926-GoCardless-WHMCS-Module-Discontinued

The code does work as we still use it, albeit with some minor customisation (to handle one agreement per customer rather than per product) but nothing that changes the basic interaction between WHMCS and GoCardless. The standard code will happily record payments correctly in our experience.

I assume based on conversations I have had that Gocardless paid WHMCS to develop the module.

The code does work as we still use it, albeit with some minor customisation (to handle one agreement per customer rather than per product) but nothing that changes the basic interaction between WHMCS and GoCardless. The standard code will happily record payments correctly in our experience.

I assume based on conversations I have had that Gocardless paid WHMCS to develop the module.

Exactly what i thought nathany. They are no longer supporting fair enough, doesn't mean it wont work.

Nathany it is connected and is setting up the authorisation fine. However, it doesnt actually take payment? I have to go into GC control panel and click "take payment" and do it manually.

Whmcs doesn't seem to send a call to GC to request the actual payment. The gateway log appears to be empty as well. When i click initiate payment on the invoice page in whmcs it just gives the mentioned error ""The payment initiation did not complete successfully. Please check the gateway log for more details"

Any suggestions?

Exactly what i thought nathany. They are no longer supporting fair enough, doesn't mean it wont work.

Nathany it is connected and is setting up the authorisation fine. However, it doesnt actually take payment? I have to go into GC control panel and click "take payment" and do it manually.

Whmcs doesn't seem to send a call to GC to request the actual payment. The gateway log appears to be empty as well. When i click initiate payment on the invoice page in whmcs it just gives the mentioned error ""The payment initiation did not complete successfully. Please check the gateway log for more details"

Any suggestions?

Some general thoughts:

1) Are you running 1.1.0 ? I know pre 1.0.4 had an issue with SSL which caused us issues.

2) I assume you must have support for CURL and JSON compiled in to PHP ?

3) Is 'one off' billing disabled within the payment gateway settings? - best not enabled

4) Is 'instant activation' enabled? - best not enabled

5) Does the product you bill against have a subscription_id ? (product/service tab in WHMCS)

6) Have you configured the callbacks on the gocardless site?

6a) Logon to gocardless

6b) Go to More -> Developer

6c) Go to 'URI settings'

6d) Make sure 'Redirect URI' is configured

(eg. https://company.com/modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php)

6e) Make sure 'Webhook URI' is configured

(eg. https://company.com/modules/gateways/gocardless/callback.php)

6f) What does the 'webhooks' info show? - Lots of red on the basis yours is not working.

I suspect your issue is around the callback config so worth checking parts 5 and 6 of the suggestions.

Good luck!

Regards,

Nathan.

Some general thoughts:

1) Are you running 1.1.0 ? I know pre 1.0.4 had an issue with SSL which caused us issues.

2) I assume you must have support for CURL and JSON compiled in to PHP ?

3) Is 'one off' billing disabled within the payment gateway settings? - best not enabled

4) Is 'instant activation' enabled? - best not enabled

5) Does the product you bill against have a subscription_id ? (product/service tab in WHMCS)

6) Have you configured the callbacks on the gocardless site?

6a) Logon to gocardless

6b) Go to More -> Developer

6c) Go to 'URI settings'

6d) Make sure 'Redirect URI' is configured

(eg. https://company.com/modules/gateways/gocardless/redirect.php)

6e) Make sure 'Webhook URI' is configured

(eg. https://company.com/modules/gateways/gocardless/callback.php)

6f) What does the 'webhooks' info show? - Lots of red on the basis yours is not working.

I suspect your issue is around the callback config so worth checking parts 5 and 6 of the suggestions.

Good luck!

Regards,

Nathan.

Cant find any proper docs for the setup of this module....

I hadn't configured webhooks and redirect. (i suspect redirect isn't really needed).

I take it the URL needs to point to the redirect.php/callback.php files within the go cardless module just as you wrote it?~

I cant find a subscription ID setting anywhere. Where is this? How do i set it up? Do i need to set up a new subscription in gocardless for every single product/service? Can it not be done so that it doesn't need a subcription id?

Regards

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

***UPDATE***

I setup the redirect/callback options. It appears to be submitting payments now in the GC dashboard, it is being submitted to bank anyhow. I dont have a real customer to try with to test if when the payment clears that gocardless communicates with whmcs to mark the invoice paid.

I do appear to have an issue with instant activation. I could do with this feature, however, selecting it doesnt appear to work.

Edited by hpprintandgraphics
Got redirect/callback options working. Noticed a new issue

• 1 month later...

Hi HPPrintandGraphics

We are using GoCardless at the moment and are having an issue with the callbacks not submitting payments to us and then the customer not receiving the paid notification from WHMCS. We than have to manually check the accounts to see what has/hasn't been taken putting our billing way off.

Is your payment callback working as expected? Just interested to know to see if it just us!!

Dan

- - - Updated - - -

Hi nathany

I would be interested to know more about what you have done. At the moment we pre-auth an amount different to the billed amount and then setup one subscription from that for multiple products all with the same subscription ID. We do have issues with the pre-auths not being saved to the product again for next time but want to stay away from setting up one subscription for each product as many of our customers have multiple products on one payment.

What changes have you made as it maybe of some use to us, at the moment I am pulling my hair out with manual reconciliation!

Dan