BNKHost.com

bnkhost

thanks for your reply's people anymore comments please welcome i need as much help as possible going to look into redesigning my site now guess i live in the old ages :/

I wouldn't take what people say about your site too personally, everyones taste is different. I liked the site, its true its very blue :) and maybe a splash of another colour here and there would add a bit of contrast, but its not dated at all, its easy to read and navigate.

hey.. first thing I notice is that it is, in fact, easy to read as Lynette has said. Structure works, basic design works.

Next thing I notice, though, is that you might want to change your page border color. White. Or something close to it. It will help to make your page and content jump out a little bit more, and it should make it feel a bit more clean and modern.

Then you might want to consider just adding some contrasting colors to your images.. different colors for your plans, feature images, etc. The only problem with doing so is that every time you make a small change you're likely to find 5 others you'd like to make to keep continuity and balance. Might be more effort than it's worth.

Your site is fine. But you should change that page border color.

Neil

Not too wide in FireFox. In IE 7 it is slightly off. But many things tend to be "off" in IE's primitive mess of a browser, so don't take it too personally! Nothing we do ever seems to render well in that beast.. and the "fixes" and workarounds often take a week of teeth-grinding and hair-pulling.

Needs to be adjusted for IE users, though. Like it or not, people actually use it! Not sure if it's off in any other browsers (or what Paul above is using).

:) Neil

And I apologize, bnkhost, it's 6 I'm using to check as well. All of our problems have been specific to IE 6, so I had to "downgrade" versions to check for bugs on our own site. Forgot that I hadn't changed it back yet.

As long as it's just the one IE version, you can probably stick with it. But, if you're anything like me, you'll probably end up knocking yourself out to make sure that everyone has close to the same experience.

As soon as we upgrade our IE again I'll check again for you.

Neil

• 2 weeks later...