Permission error when installing

ctrlfreq

I have a leased license key, so I can only download and install WHMCS through softaculous apps installer in cpanel which is fine because it does the install for you and has the latest version.

After WHMCS gets installed, I get an permission error when visiting my site saying I need to change the permission of "home/user/whmcsdata/templates_c/" to CHMOD 777 before I can continue. I get that error even after I change the permissions, and I double checked everything in the configuration file also. I've tried changing the permissions on all the files and folders related to anything that says "attachments", "downloads", and "templates_c" in public_html, www, and whmcsdata directories, but still have the error.

I've tried re-installing as well as searching online and still no luck. Any help is appreciated