Subscriptions and Non-Web Hosting Packages

crammy90

Question

Hi guys,

I was just wondering the following in regards to WHMCS.

1) Product Add-ons - I am looking at using WHMCS to handle packages for my company. The packages would not be web hosting packages but rather design packages. So I would list the three packages and am wanting the ability for the client to be able to add extras during the checkout process. e.g. they click to purchase package A, then they can add add-ons to this which are set at a fixed price (similar to buying a mac from apply and you choose a base - i.e. iMac 27inch with 4gb RAM - and during the wizard you can upgrade to 8GB at a fixed price.

Can this be done with WHMCS?

2) If the above cannot be done with WHMCS, I know how to do it with some shopping cart software. However, once they pay, could I take the receipt from the shop and manually put it into WHMCS to obtain its CRM / invoicing etc features? Would this take long to copy across?

3) I have read at the below link WHMCS can provide recurring billing through paypal. It seems they login to WHMCS to pay their invoice and if a billable item is on the invoice, a subscribe button appears.

http://docs.whmcs.com/PayPal#PayPal_Subscriptions.2FRecurring_Billing

If a customer purchases an upgrade which I will bill them at 10 dollars a month, how do I integrate this with their existing subscription? Does it go on a separate invoice or can I upgrade their existing subscription cost and they just accept again?

1 answer to this question