Problem when upgrading a package with configurable options

ddenev

Hi, let's assume the following example:

I have 2 packages: P1 ($50) and P2 ($70).

P1 has 2 configurable options - P1C1 ($6) and P1C2 ($8)

P2 has 3 configurable options - P2C1 ($10), P2C2 ($12), and P2C3 ($14)

(the prices in parentheses are monthly prices)

I have enabled P1 to be upgradeable to P2 (disabled upgrading the configurable options).

Let's say a client buys P1 with P1C1 (the price is $56). Then he decides to upgrade to P2 (for simplicity in price calculations let's assume he does this on the same day he bought P1). The upgrade summary page shows a total of $20 (which is $76 - $56, i.e. P2+P1C1 minus P1+P1C1). But this is not correct IMHO because there is no configurable option P1C1 in P2 package. I think it should be $14 ($70 - $56) to upgrade to a clear P2 package. And then allow users to choose config options for the new package (if there are any).

Now the customer is charged $6 more (for P1C1) and in the admin area this product is shown as P2 with no configurable options.

I hope this example makes it clear what I encountered.

Thank you.

I think that WHMCS should not calculate prices for config options which are not present in the package being upgraded to.

But this is not correct IMHO because there is no configurable option P1C1 in P2 package. I think it should be $14 ($70 - $56) to upgrade to a clear P2 package.

The problem is - the recurring amount for the new package is equal to ['new package' price] + ['config. option from previous package' price] even when the new package doesn't have this config option.

I hope it's clearer now :). Thank you.