An upgrade is currently in progress Please come back soon - Trying to upgrade to 5.3.3

benbmg

Hi all

Have attempted to upgrade 5 or 6 times now and am still getting the same error "An upgrade is currently in progress Please come back soon". I have tried via Cpanel/softaculous and then by uploading the files directly, both with the same result.

I have double checked the configuration.php, the admin folder name and basically anything else that can cause the upgrade to fail.

When I attempt to run the install script I get a WordPress 404 page not found. I am not integrating WHMCS with WordPress it's simply installed under the same URL.

Can anyone please help me trouble shoot this?

Thanks

I have tried many times and have no idea of what's preventing it from upgrading. I don't get support from my provider because they license it not me and that means no support from WHMCS either, hence why I am here.

If I do a full reinstall then what would be the point of re-running the installer? Wouldn't it already be done at that stage?

I'm wondering if it's possible to do a full re-install and then restore the old DB or at least some of the tables so I don't have to start from scratch...

Why WHMCS staffs did not respond us ? When you try to upgrade to 5.3.5 from softacolous every thing crash . How we can remove this upgrade and back to older version??

You will have to download a copy of the files or use your back up and upload them manually. Don't forget to use the old configuration.php to restore everything back to the way it was.

Hi,

I am from the Softaculous team.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have tested the WHMCS upgrade on several test servers and it worked fine.

If you can open a support ticket with us we will check it asap.

>> When I attempt to run the install script I get a WordPress 404 page not found. I am not integrating WHMCS with WordPress it's simply installed under the same URL.

It could be due to a .htaccess file in the root of your domain which is not allowing access to your WHMCS installation in a sub-directory.

Do you mean I need to upload only WHMCS 5.3.5 and try to install ?

Do I need to change my configuration.php file?

If you have attempted to upgrade and it didn't work and you want to roll back to your previous version. Then you would need to upload that version's code files. Your config file will remain the same as it was.

If you want WHMCS 5.3.5 then I think you would need to do a fresh install. I can't work out how to upgrade so I am in the same boat.

How may I go back to older version?! how may find their older file?

I m confused because I tried to create a full backup and then upgrade it from softacolous , after I encountered with those problem I tried to restore my backups but I still get same error !!!

Why?

How may I go back to older version?! how may find their older file?

I m confused because I tried to create a full backup and then upgrade it from softacolous , after I encountered with those problem I tried to restore my backups but I still get same error !!!

Why?

I'm probably not the best person to be helping you, I created this post because I can't upgrade myself.

You may be able to Download a fresh older version from the WHMCS site. How are you restoring backups?

It would be best to do it manually via FTP and avoid Softaculous I would say.

Guys

Had this issue and resolved it by going into my db and editing the tblconfig.

I replaced the old version with the new version number and it resolved it.

Just to note, I had previously uploaded the files too so do this bit first...(I know you have but always helps to repeat)

Regards

Daren

I had an awful long day , because I was unlucky to upgrade , than I tried to downgrade and my last full backup was crashed :oops:

After a long site down I succeed to downgrade !! Then Im afraid to do upgrade again !

What Daren suggested seems to work so give that a try. You'll need to write an SQL query to amend that DB table.

When you upgrade to a new version:

Have a backup of the whmcs dir

For example: /home/someuser/public_html/whmcs/ to /home/someuser/public_html/whmcs_copy/

This way you can just rename the folder if something goes wrong with the update.

Have a backup of the database

Create new database (using cpanel), copy whmcs database tables to the new database.

Now in case your upgrade wasn't successfully, you go to the configurations file and change database details to the new database.

Note: if the update is just a patch, where there is no database upgrade, you don't need to copy the database.

This helped me overcome some broken upgrades, or upgrades that have some issues even after successful upgrade. and hope it will help someone out there :)