Anyone Using Noc-PS WHMCS Module?

TheHostingHeroes

Hi Guys.

Does anyone use the NOC-PS Module for WHMCS?

The developer released a fix for it when whmcs 5.2 was released. However its again broken with 5.3, I spoke with them and they said that they are sick of each whmcs version breaking their module and no longer support whmcs and they only support hostbill and blesta now which I dont fancy using!

Has anyone found a way to get this module working with WHMCS 5.3.x ?

The error I get when i enable debug mode is:

The error is: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Zend_Loader in /home/portal/public_html/modules/servers/nocprovisioning/include/Zend/Loader.php on line 31

I did find WHMCS 5.3. comes with a new loader.php in the Plesk Module. so i copied that from plesk and uploaded it in to this folder. which then changes the error to:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Zend_Uri in /home/portal/public_html/modules/servers/nocprovisioning/include/Zend/Uri.php on line 31

I did contact WHMCS to see if its something they can help with, the tickets been escalated to level 2, but like other bugs i found with broken addons they'll just tell me its not supported which is understandable.

I spoke with them and they said that they are sick of each whmcs version breaking their module and no longer support whmcs and they only support hostbill and blesta now which I dont fancy using!

Clue is in there. Stop using unprofessional services from a one man team. They usually quack out on you when it matters the most to you.

The fix... delete /Zend/ from the nocprovisioning folder.

Are you sure? Works here without needing to do any modifications.

Edited by ganesh.rao

Clue is in there. Stop using unprofessional services from a one man team. They usually quack out on you when it matters the most to you.

We are talking about an open source module here, which can be updated by anyone.

You can hire a team as large as you want to fix it, if you are willing to pay for that. :)

Note that WHMCS' updates have broken the module not once, not twice, but three times recently, and continuing to write even more workarounds for external bugs is simply not a sustainable situation.

Are you sure? Works here without needing to do any modifications.

Probably because there is no bug in the NOC-PS module code itself (nor was there the previous two times).

But because there is one in another module or add-on the TS is using, and you are not.

IF WHMCS always load all activated modules, and IF that other module always statically includes Zend framework classes (instead of loading them only on-demand, when the module is actually used), that can indeed prevent the NOC-PS module from operating.

However that is not something that should be worked around in the NOC-PS code, but something that should be fixed in $othermodule.

• 2 weeks later...

For people affected by this: Parallels has released a new version of their Plesk Automation module that no longer conflicts with other modules like NOC-PS.

(they were using a hooks.php that globally included their version of the Zend framework, preventing other modules the ability to load their own version)

Note that Plesk Automation is a third-party module (as opposed to the Plesk Panel module shipped with WHMCS), so WHMCS' updates were not to blame this time.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Would be really nice if there could be improvements for the WHMCS Module, even with all the problems it is still a widely used billing panel and having options is always good :), the current module works but it lacks features compared to the other existing modules for the other panels.

Edited by Fr3DBr

• 1 year later...