Products and services disappearing and Domain names

Boss

I have reported a similar thing before with knowledge base items disappearing.

But now I have just found a rather large number of products, services and Domain Names, just gone.

I believe this has to do with the browser being re opened to the same as last session. At first I thought this maybe a Firefox thing, but now I know it's not. Because I have not been using WHMCS in the Firefox windows as such but have set it to only open IE windows.

But the mere fact that re-opening a window with WHMCS loading automatically and by doing so deletes records is totally un heard of by me and extremely bizarre.

This is not a case of being on an edit page of some sort but can be just on any page where it is possible to edit an item.

I realise there is a work around for this and that would be to not open old sessions. But this is hardly a real solution and I prefer to open my browser usually with the same pages I had open the as the last time so I can carry on with what I was doing prior to having to reboot the computer or something similar.

I have been using programs very similar to this for many years and still am and never come across this sort of thing before, including reopening in the old session.

HELP Please

It seems odd how it only happens to you so what is it you are doing exactly to cause it?

Matt

Honestly Matt I wish knew.

I know I'm not doing anything different to what I've explained above.

I don't believe I have anything installed that is particularly different to the typical.

The program just seems to be automatically submitting to the database. In this case like pressing the delete button.

I have checked the database and the entries are definitely gone, not just lost like lost the user id or something.

It seems odd how it only happens to you so what is it you are doing exactly to cause it?

Matt

Matt,

I have seen this behavior before, and even reported it in another message. For example, using the back button on your browser can case data to desapear.

Also sometimes, by opening for example a users plan and clicking on the main page makes the plan zero all values.

Its not always, and its not that frequent.

another example i had was with the mail templates and the configuration. After saving all was left blank.

It seems a session thing.

Cheers,

Thanks Santo for your comments and support.

I did find it hard to believe I was the only one to ever experience this behaviour in some form or other and if there is us 2 there must be more.

My guess is, a number of people probably have not even realised some of the clients products are missing and or other things are missing or they are just blaming themselves that they must have done something wrong.

Guys,

This is all very vague, and Matt would need detailed steps for reproducing the problem (as detailed as possible) to have any chance at all of finding it. So the more detailed you can be, the better. Your current descriptions probably aren't enough for Matt (or anyone else) to be able to find the problem.

Cheers,

Brian