Advice needed.

DarkFusion

Question

4 answers to this question

That would depend on the hosting services you will be offering. With Cpanel you can offer shared web hosting and Reseller hosting. Add in WHMCS then you have automated billing, support and control of web hosting services such as cPanel. There's many other potential hosting services you can look into with the all modules available.

So yes, you will need something like cPanel in order to make your hosting services out of.

Thanks for your explanation and reply. I see alot of people recommending Cpanel and WHMCS. Ill stick with that at first and see if it works for me.

cPanel is the most widely used control panel (by a large market). As most hosting providers use cPanel (even most larger companies) it also makes your life easier in terms of migrations etc

WHMCS does not serve as a control panel (like cPanel) more it integrates with it to also make your life easier as it automates the payments, invoice generation, suspensions and termination, support etc

You can always opt for a reseller also, they will provide you with the control panel so you don't have any large fees (some like us also include free WHMCS) so you save quite a bit. Once you have the client base (and budget) you can opt for a VPS or Dedicated server.

I actually already have a dedicated server because i already have a client base for my other IT clients ( webdesign etc ) I was just wondering which works best. The only thing that bothers me is that Cpanel does not offer a 'buy-out' license like WHMCS does. Pay a one time for an unlimited license. Guess i will have to get used to that ;)

Thanks for your reply too!