Account Creation on Linux with Plesk 8.2

mtwebservices

Hello,

i have a new server with Plesk 8.2 on it. I setup a new Server with "Manage Servers", select "Plesk" control panel and entered my login details vor admin access.

Then i setup a product for this server. I copied and pasted client template and domain template. So naming should be exactly the same.

I can create clients and domains with those templates directly in the admin panel.

But when I want to create an account from whmcs I get the error "server command error" with no further information. Admin panel is accesible through port 8443. So if no other port is needed it should not be a firewall issue.

I already checked the forum and noticed that several other people had same errors. Unfortunately there was not much help there.

So can anybody please give me a hint what could be wrong. Where can i get more information what really happens (e.g. logs of whmcs or on my linux box)?

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Marco

Shouldn't you be using the Plesk Reseller module instead if you have a root account? We are getting a command completed on Plesk 8.1 where as we don't have root access with the Plesk module. Unfortunately it is not creating them. We think it is a permissions issue with the account we are working with and can't access any server logs to see what point it is failing :(

Anyway, I think you may just need to try the other module ;)

ok, i also tested it with "pleskreseller"

It now says "Server command successfull" but still does not create any client or domain on my plesk server.

Tested it with admin access and with a reseller account which is allowed to create clients and domains (incl. physikal hosting).

???

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Marco

ok, i also tested it with "pleskreseller"

It now says "Server command successfull" but still does not create any client or domain on my plesk server.

Tested it with admin access and with a reseller account which is allowed to create clients and domains (incl. physikal hosting).

???

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Marco

That's exactly what was happening to us with a windows account. Can you look at your server logs to see what is happening?

Maybe Matt can advise what to look at, you might want to open a support ticket.