Problem with new order (new install, new WHMCS user)

ikesmith

Ran into an issue signing up my first customer. They got an account (worked fine), transferred a domain to me (worked fine), and then signed up for hosting and a new domain (didn't work fine).

The payment went thru and was good, but WHMCS gave an error and did not complete the order (did not send the domain to namecheap and did not provision server space for the hosting). The error was:

Invalid phone number or phone country code

I understand what it says, but I am not sure what it means. Everything was fine on the first order (the domain transfer). What would trigger this? The order is still set to pending at the moment. It's a friend, so I told him I was going to leave it be until I could sort out what could be causing this to happen.

Any thoughts?

In setting of your client or in your setting of profile check what u entered ( phone number - country code ) or try whmcs->setup->general settings->Domains did you entered info about Default Billing/Admin/Tech Contact Details or yust tick check box for -> Tick this box to use clients details for the Billing/Admin/Tech contacts and try again , if its that please reply :)

Turned out the issue was the international calling code. My customer (United States) entered their phone number in this format:

xxx-xxx-xxxx

My registrar wanted it in this format:

1.xxx-xxx-xxxx

They said "the dot is very important!".

Not sure how to force this on users, I may end up having to go with another registrar that makes the process a bit more lenient.