Move client to different server - Version 3.3

limelight_solutions

I am running the latest version of WHMCS and a client of ours is wanting to move from an older cPanel server to our new Plesk server.

As I still want WHMCS to calculate all the bandwith (etc.) usage information correctly it obviously needs to know the details of the new setup.

What is the best approach for performing this operation?

Do I just setup the new account on the Plesk box manually and then edit at the DB level WHMCS with the new info, or am I best to create a new order (logged in as the client) for a new account on the new server, manually modify the dates (for billing) and simply remove the old cPanel account from WHMCS?

I'm thinking the latter method is the best, but I'm looking for a little input. Would be good if there was a 'move/migrate' function :)

Thanks in advance.

• WHMCS CEO

There's no need to create any new orders or do any changes to the database. Just add your new server in Config > Manage Servers and then select the new server for the account in the server dropdown menu when viewing the package details under that client.

Matt

Hmm, I already have the server setup and have clients on it (through WHMCS) yet it isn't on the drop-down list for the client in question.

Looking further after reading your post, I can't see it on anyones dropdown?

Edit: Nevermind, I had a blonde moment. The plan he is currently on is only configured on the old server. Sorry for wasting your time matt. :oops: