So I guess I'm confused about how the DirectI system works

ShoresPC

We sign up at domains.whmcs.com and are resellers. Then we have to create a customer account also and sell domains through that? So it is like WHMCS > Our reseller account > our customer account? I have entered my customer account's ID, login info, but the only parent ID I find is when I login with my reseller account, so I have used that and I cannot get anything to work on my WHMCS order pages. Domain lookups say unavailable no matter what (even alsfieajlsfejaisfes.com is unavailable). Am I missing something?

• WHMCS CEO

The DirectI system only allows you to register domains under a customer. You can't register domains in your reseller account. DirectI is not used for WHOIS lookups though - they are done directly with whois servers so DirectI working or not has no affect on availability checking. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking port 43 connections.

Matt