Blank admin page

amiweb

Hi

Installed the trial version which went ok..... had to modify some directory permissions as instructed. Removed install folder and setup daily CRON job.

Setup said it had completed and then gave me a link to the Admin area. When clicking on it all I get is a blank page!

I have restarted the VPS (Running Fedora and Plesk 8.1.1) but no luck.

Double checked and there are definatly files in that directory.

Just incase this had something to do with it... the file customisation.php was unzipped as 'customisation.php.new' and got transferred to the web server as that. I was only able to continue and complete the install by renaming this file by removing the '.new'. Anyone know why this is the case?

Thanks

Martin

As for the configuration file name, it is to keep from overwriting the configuration file when you upload for an upgrade. It saves many upgraders a severe headache :)

As for the blank admin page, you can do a search here as this has happened a lot lately and I can't recall what the issue is.

UPDATE: Did a search for "admin page blank" some of the results point to curl not being properly installed.

Thanks.. did a search for 'admin page blank' and I must be being daft as I can't find any posts. I have asked my hoster to check the Curl out.

So I assume I was right to rename this and remove the 'new'? Just there is nothing mentioning this in the online manual. Is there a more comprehensive offline manual so I can read on the train?

Thanks

Martin

• WHMCS CEO
So I assume I was right to rename this and remove the 'new'? Just there is nothing mentioning this in the online manual. Is there a more comprehensive offline manual so I can read on the train?

It's in the installation instructions - step 2 of the readme file.

And no, the online manual is the only version as it is updated and added to frequently.

Matt