Restoring a session closed browser/reopening deletes data

Boss

I just completed my first knowledge base Item and did it very nicely if I do say so myself.

ONLY to have all that work vanish

I have found this same sort of thing happen before on other pages. But this confirmed what is happening.

If you close your browser or if it should crash for what ever reason and you then reopen it, restoring your previous session (ie a firefox option) the program for some reason then writes to the database like you have pressed the save button, except that somehow it just deletes whatever should be in that section.

The really strange part is that you don't have to be in an edit screen just on that page. EG in this case on the knowledge base page.

This has happen twice to me now, yesterday in one day.

First it deleted the Article, next it deleted the whole category.

Because this program does some strange things in Firefox (Like add really long strings in the password fields and then can't remove them entering the correct detail) I have set the program to open in an IE window only. So whether it's specifically related to FireFox I'm not sure. But either way it is bloody frustrating. :x

Is there a fix for this?

A P.S. to this. I have checked the actual data base and it is totally empty.

• WHMCS CEO

If you use the FireFox session restore option and it takes you back to a submit page url, it does so without posting the data you entered so this is to be expected. You just need to make sure not to restore your browser session when opening FireFox if the last thing you did was save something in WHMCS.

Matt