Customize cPanel username

towens

Currently the module that automates the provisioning of a cPanel account in WHMCS uses cPanel's default username structure which is the first 8 characters of the domain name. How would I go about changing this if, for example, I store a custom field for each user and would like that to be the username that WHMCS uses to create the cPanel account?

you can change that in the settings page ( general settings -> order tab )

there you see the following checkbox , enable it and you get random numbers

Enable Random Usernames Tick this box to generate random usernames for services rather than use the first 8 letters of the domain

Greetings From PowerChaos

We put in a support ticket and just got the same response. So I'm assuming there's no way to hook onto that action and customize further than just randomizing? I don't necessarily need a GUI option, just a way to develop a hook that could write the username based on a custom field or variation of the email address.