WHMCS uses mod_php or cgi?

ddenev

Hi,

I would like to ask whether WHMCS can be used with PHP as CGI?

I ask this because I tried to run WHMCS from lighttpd with PHP as CGI and when I set SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS URL in the configuration I got this from Firefox:

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This is when I request the clientarea.php. I suppose it loops somewhere internally but I need to be sure if I can use it in such environment. Thank you.

Open a ticket so I can take a look at it.

Matt

I can't, I'm sill 2 weeks to purchase WHMCS and don't have live server yet. Running this locally.

I manage to run it with phpsuexec but in the login page when I submit it just stays on the same page. When I switch to mod_php it logins successfully. Thank you.

Sorry, I misled you with my last post. It is suPHP that I am using, not suEXEC. Finally, to summarize, can I use WHMCS on Apache with suPHP? Thank you.

It does not matter is you have suPHP or PHPsuExec running on your server. WHMCS will work under both environments (have tested this before).

But if you are having trouble, contact WHMCS Support,

http://support.whmcs.com/submitticket.php

You can also post on the forums with the error messages you are receiving.

From,

Adam

Well, I solved the problem, it turned out to be something with the cookies in my browser. I just deleted them and it worked. Maybe when switching from mod_php to suPHP one has to clear all session cookies.

Thank you for your help anyway.

Best regards