Withholding an invoice for client and only sending to billing contact?

epauldc29

I have a need that for some clients the invoice is only sent to a contact that I set up as the billing contact only. I do not want the actual client to get the bill. Again, I only need this on a few clients and not everyone. I have already set up a separate contact for billing, but the invoice seems to go to both the billing contact and the client contact which for our purposes would not work.

Any ideas??

• 1 month later...

I've had this issue for years. Initially I assumed that setting the "Billing Contact" on the Client Profile page would do the job, but alas all invoices related emails are still sent to the primary contact.

The only solution I know of is to make the billing contact the primary contact and then add the actual customer as a secondary contact and configure their settings so they receive everything except billing emails.

The downside of this is that everything appears in the billing contact's name instead of the actual customer.

• 3 months later...