Plesk 11 Integration - Customers vs Subscriptions

sjdean

I've got an installation of WHMCS 5.2.5 (yes I should upgrade) and with a Plesk 11.0.9 backend.

So far, so good, but like v9 of Plesk, Im perplexed by the way WHMCS handles "clients".

On Plesk 9, WHMCS created one new client per domain hosted. Which makes sense.

Plesk 11 is somewhat better, in that WHMCS does actually create a client, then adds any future domains under that customer. Sweet. It finally works.

Not quite.

When you create a new hosting for a new client in WHMCS, it appears to register that username and password both for the subscription hosting account (FTP password), and the customer in plesk. When you setup a new order in WHMCS for another domain, it generates a new username and password for that user for the subscription/hosting account.

Here's where the problem arises.

When a user logs into their client area, if they go to the second domain, they will never login, because WHMCS will try to log into their customer plesk account using the credentials from the second domain, not the first.

Similarly, if the first domain is cancelled, those credentials are still there against the customer in plesk, but WHMCS will not care about that because as far as it's concerned, the hosting has been cancelled and will continue to try logging in with the secondary hosting credentials.

I hope Im making sense here.

What I think needs to happen, is that there needs to be a Plesk Customer username and password generated separately to the hosting accounts per server.

Im guessing if you have a table for customers and a table for hosting accounts, you also need a table of server passwords linked to the customer in WHMCS.

Any other workarounds or fixes, or perhaps Im being an idiot?

Thanks

SImon

I've got an installation of WHMCS 5.2.5 (yes I should upgrade) and with a Plesk 11.0.9 backend.

So far, so good, but like v9 of Plesk, Im perplexed by the way WHMCS handles "clients".

On Plesk 9, WHMCS created one new client per domain hosted. Which makes sense.

Plesk 11 is somewhat better, in that WHMCS does actually create a client, then adds any future domains under that customer. Sweet. It finally works.

Not quite.

When you create a new hosting for a new client in WHMCS, it appears to register that username and password both for the subscription hosting account (FTP password), and the customer in plesk. When you setup a new order in WHMCS for another domain, it generates a new username and password for that user for the subscription/hosting account.

Here's where the problem arises.

When a user logs into their client area, if they go to the second domain, they will never login, because WHMCS will try to log into their customer plesk account using the credentials from the second domain, not the first.

Similarly, if the first domain is cancelled, those credentials are still there against the customer in plesk, but WHMCS will not care about that because as far as it's concerned, the hosting has been cancelled and will continue to try logging in with the secondary hosting credentials.

I hope Im making sense here.

What I think needs to happen, is that there needs to be a Plesk Customer username and password generated separately to the hosting accounts per server.

Im guessing if you have a table for customers and a table for hosting accounts, you also need a table of server passwords linked to the customer in WHMCS.

Any other workarounds or fixes, or perhaps Im being an idiot?

Thanks

SImon

Hi simon,

I am using plesk panel from the last 3 years i never been a problem with that. The thing is that hosting account always want domain right when customer search a domain in domain search panel and when he proceed to the checkout and when he click on confirm order whmcs read the domain name and make the username of domain and whmcs makes the encrypted password for the client which will be used for hosting account. if your customer want to add another domain under the one hosting account they can add and it will not touch the hosting account details like username and password. now your customer has 2 domains in and 1 hosting account if your customer want to cancel the 1 domain so he can still use the hosting account. If the client cancel the hosting account you will get a request for cancellation then what you need to do you have to terminate his hosting account through clients-->View/Search Clients--> search for client who gave the cancellation request-->Client Profile--> Products/Services after that you need to run the Module Commands TERMINATE when you run this command whmcs will cancel the hosting account and client will get the information that his hosting account has been cancelled and will never use. I hope i gave your answer if i miss something my apologies.

Regard.