Basic Pushover push notification PHP script for new/reassigned tickets

I've had trouble getting WHMCS's email notifications when tickets are opened or reassigned to do what I want them to do, and I'm also a big fan of the Pushover push notifications app/service, so I created this basic PHP script that will send me a push notification whenever a ticket is opened in or reassigned to a particular support department:

http://pastebin.com/sUFS4sqB

Since the WHMCS API doesn't provide for searching tickets in this way, my script queries the WHMCS database directly. If you want to change which support departments are being "watched", get the department's numeric ID and then modify this line in the SQL query:

did in (2, 3)

It needs to be run via cron every X minutes, where the $history_interval variable is set to that same number of minutes. In my use of it I'm running it every 5 minutes, so:

*/5 * * * * php -q /home/whmcs/bin/notify_whmcs_tickets.php

I hope this is helpful to someone else who uses WHMCS and Pushover. I would welcome any improvements or refinements.

Chris