Restrict orders to existing customers

towens

I realize this might be an odd request but we are currently using WHMCS to give our students the opportunity to register their own domain name and get web hosting. Since we are restricting right now to a certain subset of our full student base we've imported that group of users into the database and they will be provided a password to login. Given that, we'd like to be able to turn off the ability for new users to register themselves and restrict orders to existing clients only. Obviously we can modify template files to remove some references, but is there a better way to make sure no malicious user attempts to subvert the system by accessing URLs directly to register and place orders?

do this

1-remove register.php

2-remove all templates/orderforms except default or the one you are using

3-and change viewcart.tpl removing

...tr><td>{$LANG.clientarealastname}</td><td>{if $loggedin}{$clientsdetails.lastname}{else}<input type="text" name="lastname" style="width:80%;" value="{$clientsdetails.lastname}" />....

name, last name, etc, ...to be filled, whmcs cart will brake if some tries to add an order without logging to an existing customer.

:twisted:

Thanks for the response. We'll give that a try. I was reticent to removing core files but I guess there's not way to create a setting that prevents registration of new users (and it would be a very odd request anyway since our system is so different from 99% of hosting scenarios).