Add-on price not updated

I am having issues with editing add-ons during order creation.

I have created an order with a hosting account and domain registration associated with it. I also added a add-on to the hosting account by editing the hosting account after creating the order. When I do it this way, the following happens:

The add-on does not appear on the order summary
    The add-on's price is not reflected in the order summary's total
    The add-on's price is not reflected in the "manager orders" table's total
    The new order confirmation e-mail does not list the add-on and has the wrong total

However, when the invoice is generated it lists the add-on and the correct total.

If I add the add-on during the order creation process (on the Add New Order screen), it shows up in the order summary. However, any changes to that add-on's price after this point are not shown in the total on the order summary, order notification email, or order list. As before, the invoice shows the correct price.

I am migrating customers from another system and I'm not very confident that everything is set up right when the order total is not correct.

• WHMCS CEO

So you are placing the order for an addon, then you are changing the price for that addon in the config section after you've got to step 4 of the order, and the price is not updating? The price would not and should not update in that case.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

So you've already placed the order when you make the change? The emails have already been sent and won't change. And the order total will also never change - it shows the total when the order was placed. The price you've entered is what will be billed in future.

Matt,

Here are the steps to reproduce this:

From the Clients Profile screen:

1) Click "Add New Order"

2) Change order options to "Don't send order confirmation email" and "don't generate invoice" since I am migrating an existing client from my old billing package.

3) Select package, then opt to transfer the domain

4) Select billing cycle (monthly), enter bogus transfer secret, select mail in payment

5) "Order added successfully"; click continue

6) On "Manage Orders", order summary is displayed. Click on "Hosting Account" in list of order items.

7) Click "Click here to Manager" next to "Addons"

8 ) Click "Add New Addon", select addon and choose "Mail In Payment" to match order, then click "Add Addon"

9) Click edit icon next to addon because I need to modify the price. In my case, this is a external spam/virus filtering service that needs to be billed per account per month.

10) Change the price and name to reflect the quantity and set the next due date, then click "save changes", then "Close Window".

11) Update the hosting account's due date, then click "Save Changes"

12) Click "View Order" next to order number

13) The order summary shows the original total with the hosting account and domain transfer. +++No addons are listed and the total price does not relect the addons.+++

14) Click "Accept Order" anyway

15) Run automation cron job

16) View invoice - it shows the addon with the correct price and the order total is correct

Also, if I delete the invoice I just created, edit the order's addons and then re-run the cron job, nothing happens. I have to change the due date before the invoice will be created again. Then the new invoice is created successfully and it shows my new addon price. But the order summary still doesn't show the addon or the price of the addon in the total.

• WHMCS CEO

Ok, this is not a bug then. The addon will never show and isn't mean to show in the order for the hosting account. The order will always display what the order was for - no matter what changes you make afterwards.

Matt