Enom Payment on Fraudulent Orders

MHD

This isn't so much a question about WHMCS itself as it is about it's integration with Enom.

I got my first "client" today - my domain has only been active now 4 days. I'm not even sure how he/she/it found me.

Of course the order was a fraud. I ran the info through MerchantProtect.com and although no alert was returned none of the data they supplied matched their real data, not even close. Not to mention the site name they were attempting to register was something-warez.

Anyway the good news is my payment gateway and domain registrar were both in demo mode, so nothing was actually purchased.

But it got me to thinking...

-Let's say I deposit funds into my Enom account and go live.

-My configuration is set to not activate an account until I manually review the order.

-This same person comes along and attempts to register a domain and create a hosting account again.

Even though the hosting part won't go live until I review the order, what about the domain registration?

Is that immediately deducted from my Enom account during the registration process, even though the order for hosting will eventually be cancelled by me?

Or is that not finalized with Enom until I manually review and accept the order?

Hope my question is clear enough, it's very late here and my mind's a little wishy washy.

If you are manually reviewing orders then nothing will go through until you authorise it. Once you authorise the order then the hosting account is setup or domain registrations are processed.

We have this method setup for new clients but for existing clients with an active service they are setup automatically.