changed pw

Stealthusa

hello i changed my cpanel and whm pw and now i get this message when i try to go to my whmc.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'simplif'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/simplif/public_html/clients/dbconnect.php on line 3

Warning: mysql_select_db(): Access denied for user 'nobody'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/simplif/public_html/clients/dbconnect.php on line 4

Warning: mysql_select_db(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/simplif/public_html/clients/dbconnect.php on line 4

Could not connect to the database

• WHMCS CEO

Hi,

You must have been using your cpanel username and password to access the database. You shouldn't really do this, you should setup a user for the database specifically so this does not happen. What you need to do now to resolve it is correct the database login details in the file "configuration.php" in the main whmcs folder.

Regards,

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

No, just login to cPanel, go to MySQL Databases. Then create a user, and then assign it to the existing database. Alternatively, if you want you can just update configuration.php with the new password you use to access cpanel and this should resolve the issue.

Matt