Use Default viewinvoice.tpl layout for invoicepdf.tpl

Hello,

I was hoping for a little assistance on the default layouts of the two Invoice templates.

When I am creating an invoice and select "Printable Version", I am greeted with a layout for the invoice, which I believe is from the viewinvoice.tpl file. Now if I select the automated email, "Invoice Created" and send the invoice to a client, I get a different layout for my invoice. I believe this second layout originates from invoicepdf.tpl

I find I favour the look and feel of the "Printable" version over the "Invoice Created" version and would like for both versions to be the same.

Would anyone be able to share with me if it is as simple as copy and pasting the content of viewinvoice.tpl over to invoicepdf.tpl to get the two of them to look the same?

If I have the actual file names mixed up on which one draws from which file, please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Hello,

I realize this is my first post to this forums so please excuse me for asking. Did I make a mistake in how I went about asking my question? I'm not sure I really understand what would be preventing my request from being answered... If you could shed some light on this it would be helpful.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Printable Version is based on an HTML template file and the invoice that is emailed to clients is a PDF which uses the invoicepdf.tpl template file. The format and contents of the pdf template file are much different because it contains code to generate the PDF so you would need to edit the invoicepdf.tpl file and manually change it to look more like the printable invoice.

Thank you for taking the time, I appreicate it.

In your experience, would I lose any of my customization when new updates come out? Ie, would I need to keep making these changes each time there is a new version or are these files protected from being altered?

The Printable Version is based on an HTML template file and the invoice that is emailed to clients is a PDF which uses the invoicepdf.tpl template file. The format and contents of the pdf template file are much different because it contains code to generate the PDF so you would need to edit the invoicepdf.tpl file and manually change it to look more like the printable invoice.

WHMCS doesn't change invoicepdf.tpl much so you shouldn't have to make any modifications to it when a new version comes out. Just make sure you rename the default theme to something else, otherwise it could get overwritten when you upgrade.