Making WHMCS use customer data from my web app

Greetings everyone!

I apologize if this is a commonly asked question, but I was unable to locate another post addressing it.

I've written my own web application. I'll not bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that I've determined it is necessary for my web application to control user account creation within its own database.

What I need is for WHMCS to read from that database, allowing users to log in with their credentials from my app. It can create its own entries in its database if needed. What hook or other functionality can I use to do this?

I'm aware that you can use WHMCS to authenticate users in this system. However, I've determined this doesn't provide enough flexibility regarding managing accounts from within my web application. Extending WHMCS to handle all the management operations my accounts will need for this web application would be far too time-consuming.

Is there no way to have WHMCS use my application's user details for login?

Okay, one last time -- what I'm trying to do is the reverse of what you're telling me about. I've already done this, and it's insufficient in terms of the internal structure of my application.

What I want to do is, when someone tries to log in to WHMCS, it will check my web app's database for user credentials, rather than WHMCS's own database. My web app should still use its own database, and should not need to know about WHMCS at all!

Hmm, it is possible. But I think your going to need to hire a php developer that is experienced in WHMCS Module Development. I would think they can create a Module that overrides WHMCS login method with a new one, that should be able to query a remote database table that contains user details. But again, in order for you to accomplish this, you will need a Highly Experienced WHMCS Developer. Or you may be able to hire WHMCS themselves if your web app is in php and uses MySQL... If it uses something else and different db such as MSSQL, WHMCS wont be able to help you.