How to use WHMCS without a domain registrar?

fcc

Hi Everyone,

How can I set-up WHMCS without a domain registrar?

Let me explain: although I wish customers to be able to associate their domain name with their invoice, I will not deal in any way with registration, transfer... of domain names.

I just want domains to be included and associated with the service offered and nothing more.

Instead of using a custom field though, I like the way the customer starts by typing his domain and go through the order process.

Is there for example a sort of "non-registrar" module or a way to have WHMCS just pass on the domain name without any registrar related actions?

PS: I am not selling hosting services

You don't have to worry about domain registrars if you are not selling them. The client will enter his/her domain during the sign up process and this will be just associated with their account. You will not be responsible for reg, ransfer, namserver changes etc.

You don't have to worry about domain registrars if you are not selling them. The client will enter his/her domain during the sign up process and this will be just associated with their account. You will not be responsible for reg, ransfer, namserver changes etc.

This is not 100% correct as if you dont want to offer domain services then you need to go into setup> general settings > domains and then where it says 'Domain Registration Options' choose which you want to offer or not

Allow clients to register domains with you

Allow clients to transfer a domain to you

Allow clients to use their own domain

Thank your answers!

The thing is that if I don't set any registrars, nor allow any domain services, and therefore don't set any pricing nor services, nor :

Allow clients to register domains with you

Allow clients to transfer a domain to you

Allow clients to use their own domain

my main domain field on the front page has no Tld to select from, and domain field seems useless.

I still don't understand how to set whmcs for a non recurring non hosting service associated with a domain name, simply said that is what I am trying to accomplish.

I already have resellerclub as registrar so I could set that one up if some registrar is absolutely needed although I have no intention of selling those domain services...

Can someone help me out?

when you set up a produst make sure you uncheck 'Require Domain' and this will allow anyone to order a products without the need to include any domain details

I actually WANT the domain to be "associated" with the service ordered. If I uncheck "require domain" the domain field disappears entirely so how a domain could be associated on invoices for example...

Is the custom field then the only way to go?

I actually WANT the domain to be "associated" with the service ordered. If I uncheck "require domain" the domain field disappears entirely so how a domain could be associated on invoices for example...

Is the custom field then the only way to go?

then you need 'Allow clients to use their own domain' checked so they users can associate their own domain with the service ordered. this option does no need registrar details in your WHMCS as all its telling the system is that the user has their own domain that they will use.