GoCardless Callback - failing to automatically update (5.2.4)

I have been on with the support team for several days on this with the suspicion that something in my system was to blame.

I have performed a vast array of tests and have finally come to the conclusion that there is a bug in the callback file at:

whmcs/modules/gateways/gocardless/callback.php

All tests on the GoCardless side (resending the web hooks) return a 200 ok response to the POST request. This is reflected in my own system logs so I know that go cardless is not being blocked from accessing the file.

All permissions, ownership, firewall, mod sec/proxy are in order.

There is no log at billing > Gateway log. This probably means that the script is simply responding to GoCardless and then exiting for some reason before the system is updated and therefore also before any log is entered.

The file issues a 403 denied on a GET request which I was led to believe by the support desk (whmcs) may be the problem, this is probably normal to prevent direct file access and I have come to realise is not the problem at all.

I have completed one more check, this has just verified to be the reason for the 403 error is an invalid signature and the 403 is all perfectly normal.

Edited by CDJ Hosting