[UNCONFIRMED] upcoming domain renewals not being sent out

I upgraded from version 5.0.3 to version 5.1.2 to version 5.2.3

In automation settings I have set the Upcoming domain renewal email to be sent out in 25, 15 and 9 days before the due date.

The system only sents the email to the domains with 9 days before due date.

The other emails (for 25 and 15) are not being sent at all.

I use a template with only text in it.

What is going wrong here?

I can confirm some weird behaviour with Domain reminder e-mail too. I have only first reminder for domains active , 30 days before expiration date. All others are set to 0 (zero). But reminders are now coming to clients 12 and 24 days before expiration date for domain. There is no such setting in my WHMCS.

Later I found out that WHCMS has changed their Upcoming domain renewals drasticly. You can see more details in this post:

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?68370-Grouped-Domain-Notices-are-sent-on-the-11th-of-the-month-no-choice!

I think there are a lot of people not happy with this change and also that it is not communicated to the users of WHMCS.