FraudNarc fraud detection service...

DerekFL

Fraud Narc fraud detection service has released a module for WHMCS making it easy to integrate Fraud Narc's service with your WHMCS installation. Fraud Narc works by testing the information provided by potential clients, along with information in our databases as well as other external databases, to determine the probability that a given transaction is fraudulent. Additionally when provided with a valid US telephone number, Fraud Narc will return the name and address of the individual that the telephone number is registered to, when this information is available. If the fraud score is greater than a preset number, the order is canceled, the admin is alerted and the customer is asked to contact the sales department.

Fraud Narc also provides telephone verification services at very competitive rates.

Features unique to the Fraud Narc WHMCS module:

1) When an order is declined due to fraud score, telephone verification failure or other reasons, the customer's account is noted as to the exact reason(s) for the decline.

2) When an order is declined for the above reasons, the customer's invoice is canceled and is noted that it was canceled by Fraud Narc.

3) The module has the ability to only test the customer's initial order, and automatically approve all subsequent orders.

4) The module has the ability to only telephone verify the customer's initial order, unless the customer changes the telephone number in their record.

5) The module has the ability to request the customer's credit card information, date of birth and other information, thereby allowing Fraud Narc to test the BIN information supplied by the customer. This is not currently available with the Maxmind module.

6) Information retrieved from the Fraud Narc service is dumped into the Activity Log.

7) Sends an e-mail to the customer advising them why their order was declined, and can optionally send a copy of that e-mail to the administrator.

8) Telephone verification screen is completely customizable by the admin.

9) E-mail templates are completely customizable by the admin.

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT http://WWW.FRAUDNARC.COM.

I would also be curious as to where you are getting the BIN info, and how updated it is.

As per my last post, I also find it a pity that an anti-fraud service would encode their scripts and have never seen any such companies that we have dealt with ever do so. Extensibility is a key factor here.

The reason that the script is encoded is because portions are copyright by WHMCS and was used with Matt's permission. Our osCommerce solution is not encrypted at all.

Regarding the MaxMind plugin that I used to make... After a custody battle for the kids and many other life events, I just didn't have the time to handle anything else. Now that everything is over and the kids are here with me for good, now I once again have some free time. I have been in court here more often in the past few months that I ever have in my entire law enforcement career. Having said that, yes, if you purchased the MaxMind plugin just get with me and we will get a refund going.

The bin information is purchased and is updated regularly. The module itself requests credit card information from the customer, extracts the first six characters and submits that to the service. At the end of the order the customer's credit card information is automatically entered into the WHMCS order form. It works this way because WHMCS actually retrieves the credit card information from the customer after the module runs, and there is currently no way for the module to access this information unless it requests it directly.

Thanks for the response Derek ...

But can you divulge more of where you are getting the BIN info? Is it a public source, a site that sells bin info, a bank, etc.? I am aware of a number of sources that are either very outdated or very incomplete.

This is of great interest to us, and an extremely useful tool when you have accurate data.

We currently use BIN data from one of our merchant banks with another billing platform, hence why I suggested extensibility of the readable source.

If you would like to take this off-forum, please PM me.

I know we pay for it but off the top of my head I'm not really sure where we get it. I will ask the guy that handles that part and will get back to you. Since the main portion of our business is private investigations, we have numerous databases available to us for all types of different information. I will update you with a PM as soon as I find out.