5.2.3: Payflow Pro (PayPal) Gateway - Multiple Problems

1) The gateway password is stored in plain text in tblpaymentgateways (seriously?).

2) With reference payments enabled, if a client updates their credit card information from the client area, the whole card number is stored. What SHOULD be happening is an auth for a tiny amount and the resulting transaction ID gets stored. WHMCS storing the whole credit card number for an updated card rather negates the point of a tokenized gateway, not that it really matters because...

3) Reference payments are not processing correctly at all despite being enabled in PayPal Manager and in the module itself. Verified in tblpaymentgateways that usereftrans is on.

Steps to reproduce:

a) Create new client account and initiate an order.

b) Pay with credit card and allow storage. This payment should work fine, and Client Profile -> Summary -> Credit Card Information should show something like this:

-------------------------------------------

Remote Gateway Token

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

* Only the last 4 digits of the credit card are stored locally since a token based remote storage module is being used

-------------------------------------------

c) Attempt to place another order using the stored card. The transaction will be declined and Billing -> Gateway Log will show something like this:

Invoice ID => nnnnn

User ID => nnnn

Amount => n.nn

RESULT => 23

PNREF => xxxxxxxxxx

RESPMSG => Invalid account number

Which is strange as no account number should be passed, it should be the transaction ID for the original charge which, if incorrect, would spit back RESULT => 19 and not 23.

4) If a client has a card on file, but chooses to use a different card at checkout but not store it for future use, the token stored in tblclients.gatewayid is updated anyway. I believe that if the client then attempted to use their on-file card, the wrong card would be charged as a reference to the non-stored card would be passed to the gateway. Of course I can't verify this because of (3) above.

• 3 months later...

Ho boy you have the same problem since 3-31-2013

Anyone have problem with payflow pro payment gateway using the USE EXIST CARD option? with this option just adk you for cvv number but no matter the cvv number is correct always decline.

Also anyone have any idea of how to enable recurring payments with payflow pro gateway?

when I say anyone is anyone because I already opened a ticket for all these and no answer.

More info:

when I select that option I see the last 4 digits of my credit card and ask me for my cvv number so I enter the cvv number and I click continue but I get an error.

>>>>>The credit card details you entered were declined. Please try a different card or contact support.

I am sure the cvv number is correct, then I have to re-enter all credit card info manually and the system accept the card info. is just when I select the USE EXIST CARD option.

Basiclly, whmcs is sending the incorrect cvv number no matter you enter the correct one.