Modifying packages (aka increasing bandwidth limits)?

IMeanWebHosting

Alright, so here's a little background info. I am changing my hosting plans. I'm going to allow a lot more space/bandwidth, but restrict a few options (addon domains, databases, etc). Because of the second change, I want old clients to remain on the same setup they used to be on (as opposed to just changing the plan in whm and having all clients forced into changes they may not want).

So how do I go about this? Say I had a package in whm called "basic" for my basic plan. Do I just make a new one called "BasicNew" and change whmcs to set that up for any new client ordering a basic package? Will this completely jumble up anything in whmcs if half my clients are on one whm package named "basic" and half are on a new one named "basicnew", but they're all on the same "basic" plan according to whmcs billing?

Thanks for any info!

Edited by IMeanWebHosting